- This event has passed.
Shumei Natural Agriculture learning course Part 1
16 April @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm£20
About this event
This is aimed at farmers/growers and students who wish to try growing food naturally without applying any chemicals, fertilisers and animal manures. On this basic course, you will look at the importance of soil; role of composts; basic idea of seed savings, the concept of purification and our attitude towards problems such as diseases, pests and weeds. This Autumn sessions are lecture only. There will be no farm tour.
Shumei Natural Agriculture was featured in “On your farm” programme on BBC Radio 4 in May 2019.
By the end of this course you should be able to…
- Describe the key concepts of Shumei Natural Agriculture
- Understand the role of soil and composts/catch crops
- Understand the importance of seed saving in Natural Agriculture
- Understand the attitudes towards pests and weeds
- Understand the concept of purification
- Recognise how people’s thoughts would affect plants
- Presentation of Part 1 (About soil)
Please register from our Eventbrite page.
This Basic course is a part of Shumei Natural Agriculture learning programme, which consists of Basic course and Advanced course.