Shumei Natural Agriculture learning course Part 1
17 July @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm£20
About this event
This is aimed at farmers/growers and students who wish to try growing food naturally without applying any chemicals, fertilisers and animal manures. On this basic course, you will look at the importance of soil; role of composts; basic idea of seed savings, the concept of purification and our attitude towards problems such as diseases, pests and weeds. The course consists of a lecture/presentation and farm tour.
Shumei Natural Agriculture was featured in “On your farm” programme on BBC Radio 4 in May 2019.
By the end of this course you should be able to…
- Describe the key concepts of Shumei Natural Agriculture
- Understand the role of soil and composts/catch crops
- Understand the importance of seed saving in Natural Agriculture
- Understand the attitudes towards pests and weeds
- Understand the concept of purification
- Recognise how people’s thoughts would affect plants
- Presentation of Part 1 (About soil)
Please register from our Eventbrite page.
This Basic course is a part of Shumei Natural Agriculture learning programme, which consists of Basic course and Advanced course.