Thank you for coming to the We make Camden event.
We are Shumei UK.
Shumei is an international spiritual organisation, dedicated to advancing health, happiness and harmony. We are a registered charity and aim to promote total wellbeing through spiritual healing called Jyorei, zero-input organic farming called Shumei Natural Agriculture and appreciation of art and beauty. We offer various cultural events such as Ikebana flower arrangement, Japanese tea ceremony and Japanese Taiko drumming at our centre in Camden square and other locations.
How to brew your Japanese tea.
You may have received sample tea bags of either “Japanese Green Tea” or “Japanese Hoji Tea (Roasted green tea)”. These tea were grown according to Shumei Natural Agriculture principle without using any synthetic chemicals or fertilisers (including animal manure) to control or manipulate the growing process, but instead focus on supporting and working in partnership with the natural forces to build a balanced, ecological partnership between farmer, food, earth, and eater.
Here is how to brew your tea.
Japanese Green Tea
- A tea pot with a 200-300 ml capacity is most appropriate for brewing Sencha .
- Bring water to a boil and leave it for 2-3 minutes. Let it cool down around 80°C.
- Put one tea bag in the teapot.
- Brew for one to two minutes.
- Or, you may add the boiling water to all cups and allow to cool for two minutes.
- After the water cools down, pour it from the cups into your teapot.
- Put one tea bag in a teapot (200-300 ml).
- Bring water to a boil
- Pour hot water to the teapot.
- Leave it for 30-60 seconds.
Please visit our online shop to find out more about Natural Agriculture products such as Olive oil, cider vinegar, rice, pasta, and so on.
Online shop: Happy Soil Foods
If you’d like to receive information about upcoming events, please register your email address.